It’s time to move! Transitioning From Youth Work To Social Entrepreneurship
5-10 December 2016 | Luxembourg , Luxembourg
This 5 days training will equip participants with the competences useful in social entrepreneurship and innovation, so in result they will be able to support the organizational change in their organizations.
Having been involved in the European youth work as individuals and organizations, we are aware how healthy it is to pause from time to time and question our professional status quo. Usually we are those who push young people for reflection, self-assessment and action planning, but do we practice what we preach?
We all have acquired a valuable set of skills during youth work and Erasmus+ / Youth in Action projects and we constantly adjust them to the current social challenges. Coming up with innovative ideas might be easy, however it is important to make them sustainable and adequate to the needs of our target groups. The question is: how to transfer our skills and experience to social entrepreneurship? What knowledge and skills should we improve as organizations? What challenges will we have to face?
Therefore we provide to interested youth workers and trainers a structured and creative course to acquire/deepen entrepreneurial skills.
This training course will:
• create a common understanding of social entrepreneurship and social innovation
• explain you the tools used in social innovation like Business Model Canvas and practice them in your context
• inspire you to find a model adequate to your competences/capacity of your NGO
• engage you in a creative process to prototype your social enterprise
• assist you to design carefully your organization action plan
• give you an opportunity to meet experienced social entrepreneurs from Luxembourg and abroad and initiate the follow up projects, like job-shadowing.
The training will, next to a few plenary moments, mostly alternate between work in small peer groups and individual mentoring. The participants will be guided during this week by experienced trainers who themselves shifted their careers to social entrepreneurship.
Profile of the participants:
The training is open to the youth/social workers, managers of associations interested in change in their career or development of their organizations.