KA1 Course for Early School Leaving
Early School Leaving ERASMUS+ course
This course will be held in Prague, Helsinki, Barcelona and London. Minimum 10 participants needed for the course. For 5 days course is 350 Euro and for 10 days 700 Euro.
For a young person, leaving school early can bring real risks and socio-economic disadvantages for his/her future. Our Early School Leaving (ESL) course aims to provide a practical guide to respond to this pressing issue by supporting schools and classroom-based strategies to deal with students at risk and their families. You will get a hands-on experience with innovative teaching methodologies that better respond to diverse needs of young learners today.
The course is based on “learning by doing” training through various collaborative and reflective activities. The content and fundamental information will be introduced through thematic modules by several tutors. You will share your experiences and ideas on ESL within an international group setting and learn to build an effective, collaborative learning environment for any subject or level.
- Module 01 – Practices, approaches and school strategies across Europe
- Module 02 – Identification and coping with students at risk
- Module 03 – Communication strategies for conflict prevention
- Module 04 – Innovative teaching methods: Task Based Learning, Peer Education, Creative Thinking
- Module 05 – Collaborative teaching methods: Cross Curricular Projects, Project Based Learning, Active and Cooperative teaching
- Module 06 – Students assessment
- Module 07 – Mindfulness, emotional and social learning
- Module 08 – Multiculturalism and learners from different socioeconomic background
- Module 09 – Effective use of ICT, modern trends in assessment
- Module 10 – Project workshop
Guided City Tour
- Gain techniques for working with heterogeneous classrooms and communities, deal with increased diversity of learners, support inclusion of various minorities into mainstream education.
- Learn to motivate, guide and effectively assess students at risk of ESL, reduce low achievement in basic competences, promote peer exchange and active participation within educational environment and society.
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and examples of good practice to support school or organisational development in the field of ESL through work-based or project based innovative pedagogies.
- Promote universal access to education with regards to non-discriminatory, democratic values, support open learning environment and develop digital literacy by using ICT effectively.
- Gain broader understanding of strategies and systems dealing with ESL in different countries, cultivate mutual respect, intercultural awareness and embed common educational and training values.
- Support continual professional development, revise and develop key competences, build confidence in promoting active pedagogies that are responsive to social and cultural diversity and needs.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity.
General Course Information
Before the Course:
You would be required to fill a Questionnaire providing information on your level of English, teaching background, qualifications, and previous experience.
You will receive “ITC Course Participant Handbook” where you will find all the necessary information.
After the Course:
Course evaluation form
For more information you can click here