The activity aims to create strong ties among participating EVS coordinators and their EVS organisations as well as at the same time to learn about EVS realities in Georgia. Concept of the activity is built on idea of experiential learning and travelling.
– to get to know each other personally and professionally;
– to build trust and partnership among participating EVS organisations;
– to deepen quality understanding of European Voluntary Service;
– to learn about reality of EVS organisations in Georgia;
– to foster networking among participants and create space for project’s building;
The programme will be build on experiential learning, travelling and outdoor methodology, allowing participants from one hand to meet local EVS organisations and discover their realities and from the other hand to discuss quality elements of cooperation in EVS, especially in cooperation between the West and the East. Whole experience will be enhanced by networking and partnership building sessions to allow new projects’ ideas to emerge. Through out the process participants will be able to learn and experience intercultural reality of the region.
This activity is build upon experience that our institutions gained in 2012 and 2013 during similar events using river boat cruises “Between Ladoga and Onega” and “Volga Experience” in Russia as well as in 2014 during train travel seminar “Train Adventure” in Ukraine (see a movie: www.salto-youth.net/train_adventure) and lately in 2015 during outdoor seminar “From Sea to Mountains” also in Ukraine.
“Another extraordinary Experience. Argonautika” will bring together 24 EVS coordinators representing accredited EVS organisations from Eastern Partnership countries and Russia as well as Programme Countries. Participants profile:
– having basic experience in EVS projects management;
– representing EVS accredited organisation;
– having a working knowledge of English, the working language of the activity;
– available to actively attend the full duration of the activity;
– open for surprising learning situations;
The team will be composed by one external facilitator as well as SALTO EECA and French and Polish NA officers experienced in EVS and cooperation between Programme Countries and Eastern Partnership countries and Russia.