Digital Turn: How to make your school more digital Erasmus+ KA1 Course
Digital Turn: How to make your school more digital
Quality course to learn what your school needs to become more digital
- Teachers of pre-schools, primary schools, secondary schools and vocational schools
- Adult education teachers
- Teachers of special needs
- Teacher trainers, careers officers, educational guides and counsellors
- Headmasters/principals/managers of schools and organisations offering adult education or vocational education
Each participant needs to bring his own laptop. We provide neither computers nor tablets.
Main topics of this course
- Digital turn in schools and the role of school leaders
- Research on digital innovation in schools, Fullan’s framework for whole-school digital turn
- Upgrading school’s digital infrastructure: mobile devices, network, online learning tools and environments
- School-wide policy on digital safety
- Supporting pedagogical innovation: innovative learning scenarios
- Creating and managing, copyright and licensing digital learning resources
- Teacher education & in-service training and game-based learning.
- Change management in school: supporting teachers, disseminating best practice, involving parents and community
- Monitoring and communicating the results of your school’s digital turn project
- Examples on successful school-level digital innovations from other countries.
Methodology of the course
Digital innovation in schools requires systemic change management that is carried out in collaboration between principals, teachers, pupils, parents and local community. Too much change at once could cause negative reaction among teachers, pupils and parents, especially if the change is forced on employees by the school’s administration. This course will build on Michael Fullan’s ideas on school development, where team of qualified teachers/coordinators and school leaders work together as a task force group for planning and implementing whole-school digital innovation. A mix of different competences should be present within the school team: technical, pedagogical, communicative, international/intercultural collaboration.
- Information. A general introduction on each of the topics.
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic.
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on a concrete product to be used in the own school.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advice for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
Main organiser / trainer